Insider Secrets & TipsHERE AT THE SUMMIT OF WHITE PASS
Google Street View
- Enjoy a cup of coffee or an espresso at the Kracker Barrel if you get here before check-in time, or take a walk/drive to a scenic vista nearby.
- Bring a bathrobe or large towel and easy on/off pool shoes, your favorite foods for the grill, pre-ground coffee, and a cooler full of ice cubes if you plan to enjoy mixed drinks.
- Try out a Hello Fresh or other grocery service meal, cook it as an evening activity in your condo's kitchenette.
- Arriving after 8pm? Ask about after hours check-in.
- Favorite Food and Drinks
- Favorite Viewpoints: Palisades Overlook (west), Clear Creek Falls Overlook (east)
- Favorite scenic road trip: See the Fall Larch season in all its splendor!
The Village Inn is in a prime location to stay outside of ski season, too! Explore the Southern Washington Cascades region, with 3 mountain peaks within a day's drive--Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Adams.
- A hike south to the west ridge of White Pass's Paradise Basin leads to a vista where you can see both Mt. Rainier and Mt. Adams as well as the neighboring ridges and peaks of the Goat Rocks. Or, if you're out for a multi-day backpacking trip, there are many places in the Goat Rocks where you can camp and see Rainier, St. Helens, and Adams on a clear day.
- For an amazing day trip, drive to Paradise, Chinook Pass, or Sunrise at Mt. Rainier to see glaciers in all their glory!
- Curious about volcanoes? The Mount St. Helens visitor center is another incredible day trip! History and science combine into a recently formed, accessible natural wonderland. Best time to visit is mid-summer.